Design and implement all departmental marketing and promotions activities for assigned sports, which are designed to meet the department’s goals for revenue and attendance. Assist with football marketing efforts. Help coordinate activities for all 17 division 1 intercollegiate sports programs offered at Tulane University. Plans and assists in implementing departmental special events, which include but not limited to watch parties, community outreach events and Kid’s club parties. Ensures that all efforts result in increased attendance at athletic contests, enhanced atmosphere at all departmental events, and ultimately, the general enhancement and improvement of public perception of Tulane Athletics.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
1. Writes and executes marketing plans for selected sports, which are designed to meet the department’s goals for revenue and attendance. Lead marketing staff for selected sports, which includes all advertising, marketing, promotions and in game fan experience. Primary sport will include Men’s Basketball. Communicates with external vendors regarding event needs. Regular communication with coaches & support staff. (40% of job)
2. Develops scripts and in-game activities for all assigned sports and other events as necessary. Assists with overseeing the marketing and promotions student staff. (20% of job)
3. Helps oversees and coordinate graduate assistants, student workers, Street Team & Riptide’s Kids Club. (15% of job)
4. Organizes and provides strategies for additional revenue generating ideas for the department. (10% of job)
5. NCAA Related: Ensures that all Department of Athletics and University related activities operate in full compliance with university, conference and NCAA rules and regulations. Attends and participates in scheduled compliance seminars and complies with all the Athletic Department’s efforts to monitor compliance with NCAA regulations. Seeks interpretations from the compliance staff before acting when necessary. Reports potential rules violations immediately. Completes required compliance paperwork in a timely and efficient manner. Monitors all of their areas and/or programs activities closely to maintain compliance with applicable rules and regulations. (10% of job)
6. Performs other duties as assigned by the Director for Marketing and Promotions. (5% of job)
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in sport management, marketing, communications or a related field.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITITIES/COMPETENCIES TYPICALLY NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Photoshop
Strong interpersonal skills
Ability to interact effectively with coaches, administrators, student athletes and vendors
Founded in 1834, Tulane is one of the most highly regarded and selective independent research universities in the United States. A member of the prestigious Association of American Universities, we take pride in being a part of this select group of 62 universities with “pre-eminent programs of graduate and professional education and scholarly research.” Our schools and colleges offer undergraduate..., graduate and professional degrees in the liberal arts, science and engineering, architecture, business, law, social work, medicine and public health and tropical medicine. With a seventeen-sport program that competes in the American Athletic Conference, Tulane Athletics is on the rise, boasting one of the oldest and most storied athletics programs in the Southeast, and indeed the nation.