Direct Marketing/CRM/Database, Direct Marketing: Ecommerce, Marketing Research: Project Manager
The National Archives Foundation is looking for a full-time Marketing Manager to raise awareness of the Foundation and its core mission, increase membership, and improve retention rates. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Marketing Manager will support, develop, and execute marketing activities and tactics with a focus on digital and online initiatives to drive the organization’s growth and help us tell America’s story. The manager should have a solid understanding of traditional marketing strategies.
This is a critical role for NAF as we are looking to embark on tremendous growth. The incumbent will be expected to think and act both strategically and tactically, will need to be a reliable collaborator within teams, and be able to communicate clearly and compellingly at all levels of the organization. You will wear many hats, work fast and smart, and adapt and iterate quickly. We are looking for someone who is ready to roll-up their sleeves and join a tightly knit team that is tackling interesting and challenging opportunities!
– Create, manage, and execute integrated marketing campaigns to include content marketing, email marketing, events, exhibits, eStore, social, SEO, SEM/PPC, direct mail, and advertising – Support design/maintenance of the website content (WordPress) and develop it further as an integral piece of the Foundation’s marketing efforts to increase brand awareness online, drive traffic, and increase conversion rates – Leverage key technologies in marketing efforts, including customer relationship management tools and email marketing tools (i.e.: Marketo and/or Hubspot) – Lead internal team on the marketing contact database; managing the ideal customer/member/donor profiles, named account lists, lead qualification, and lead scoring criteria. – Perform weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting on KPI’s, marketing campaigns, lead generation, channel activity, and pipelines – Identify, research, and write content for web, email campaigns, newsletter, annual report, and other marketing materials – Collaborate across departments to ensure strategic communications and conversions by engaging with target audience – Work with marketing team to maintain department budget – Manage relationships with advertisers and negotiate contracts – Develop timelines and manage internal communications calendar including social media, email, and advertising – Continually evaluate evolving trends and technologies and recommend new channels for driving digital subscriber growth – Manage external designers, videographers, and content teams to develop creative concepts and campaigns that attract and engage audiences
– Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of experience in marketing roles, preferably nonprofit – Knowledge of various marketing capabilities-including content creation, email marketing, social media, SEO/PPC, events, and partner marketing – Proficiency of Marketo, HubSpot or other marketing automation platform is preferred – Exceptional interpersonal skills; must be able to interact with staff, volunteers, board members, corporate executives, and professionals in government, academia, and the nonprofit sector – Detail-oriented, deadline-focused, and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously – Ability to work both collaboratively and independently, with a high degree of pro-activeness – Maintains up to date knowledge of current trends and tactics in marketing – Proficiency in WordPress and working knowledge of HTML and CSS – Ability to work occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays (particularly 4th of July) – Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, a BIG plus, but not required
How to Apply: Position open immediately. Resumes reviewed on a rolling basis. Salary commensurate with experience. Email resume, cover letter, salary preference, and three references to:
Patrick M. Madden, Executive Director National Archives Foundation email@example.com
References will not be contacted until candidate is a finalist. EOE. Only candidates under consideration will be contacted. No calls.
Additional Salary Information: Competitive. Learn more about our generous benefits package at archivesfoundation.org/jobs.
The National Archives Foundation was created to support the Archivist of the United States in developing programs, technology, projects, and materials that will introduce and interpret the Archives’ holdings to the American people and people around the world. The purpose of the Foundation is to educate, enrich, and inspire a deeper appreciation of our country’s heritage and encourage citizen engag...ement in our democracy through the records.
Within the National Archives Building in Washington, DC, as well as its many regional research facilities, records centers, and Presidential libraries and museums, and in outreach to the American public through traveling exhibitions and national media, the Foundation’s goal is to elevate the presentation of historical records that:
- Reveal the ideals of the nation’s founding,
- Point to the meaning of the records and the accomplishments or difficulties of previous generations, and
- Establish the significance of these records as proof that civic engagement is not only important in our lives, but also vital to our country.