| Advertised Summary Job Description: Reporting to the head of CAA Marketing and Digital Initiatives, the Program Coordinator for CAA Marketing and Digital Initiatives is a new position established to assist with collaboration between the CAA Marketing and Digital Initiatives unit and other areas of the organization, including fundraising and operations departments, and across School-based alumni offices. |
Alumni Relations is a field that seeks to engage alumni with each other and the University through event attendance, volunteering, and online participation to create an active and powerful network among Columbia's 320,000 graduates. The CAA Marketing and Digital Initiatives unit oversees broad-based alumni communications across multiple channels, online programming and engagement, career resources, and is a leader in implementing and using enterprise-level technology shared across the organization. The goals of the unit includes offering and conveying value, benefits, and opportunities to alumni, and also to foster a culture of impact that benefits the University and its alumni. The Coordinator will serve in a pivotal role to contribute to cross-University initiatives, gather and analyze metrics and report out on impact, and connect with multiple stakeholders to ensure there is clear and meaningful information sharing around programs and platforms. The Coordinator will serve as a project manager, business analyst, and vital part in managing the unit's collaborations and inter-departmental initiatives.
- Engage with internal and external users of CAA tools and platforms to gather feedback, make recommendations, identify shared needs or trends.
- Liaise with stakeholders using Salesforce to ensure updates, information, and feedback is coordinated between 20+ user groups and the Salesforce Project Manager
- Identify new and existing requirements from users around CAA tools and platforms; make recommendations and implement improvements as advisable.
- Demonstrate use-case scenarios and impact to internal stakeholders around use of technology platforms and online programs.
- Serve as the expert on Columbia's alumni engagement metrics; identify areas where this information can inform and impact online communications and programming.
- Develop existing and new metrics, especially around online programs and platforms.
- Inform marketing decisions based on engagement data and other metrics
- Create sustainable processes to ensure that data is properly captured in the University database when collected through CAA online channels
- Ensure outreach and online programming efforts are helping contribute to prospect identification and cultivation
- Coordinate with School-based alumni relations and career offices on behalf of the unit
- Serve as a liaison between Alumni Relations units and fundraising and operations departments
- Produce reports and recommendations on a variety of topics, from event registration patterns to adoption of online tools, with the goal of increasing impact on every level
- Assess the benefits and services offered to alumni; make recommendations for marketing strategies or acquisition of new alumni resources
- Manage budget and inventory of the Alumni Store
- Schedule meetings and provide other assistance in inter-departmental coordination
- Undergo benchmarking and research to assess Columbia's performance across different platforms and initiatives compared to industry standards
General Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree or its equivalent required. Minimum of 1 years' experience in a professional role.
Additional Specific Minimum Qualifications: - Ability to pull metrics, look at data, identify trends.
- Ability to create polished reports that use metrics to tell the story of impact
- Strong project management skills
- Self-starter with an eye for detail and ability to juggle a large volume of information in a fast-paced environment, and sense of strategic planning.
- Ability to work well with other units, volunteers, and colleagues; a genuinely collaborative personality.
- Ability to work with a variety of stakeholders on multiple projects
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Facility with online tools and resources; interest in exploring and experimenting with new platforms; ability to learn quickly and be flexible when working in the digital space.
- Ability to set priorities, exercise excellent judgment, and work with diplomacy and discretion in a highly pressured environment.
Preferred Qualifications: - Ability to produce video or audio content using personal devices or in-house equipment a plus.
- An interest and/or an eye for design a plus.
As a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and the Council of Ivy Group Presidents (Ivy League), it is imperative that members of the Columbia University community, in all matters related to the intercollegiate athletics program, exhibit the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with regard to adherence to NCAA, Conference, University, and Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Physical Education rules and regulations.
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.