Marketing and Communications Director
Founded in 1988, the National Eczema Association (NEA) is dedicated to improving the health and quality of life for individuals with eczema through research, support, and education. NEA is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization governed by a Board of Directors and guided by a Scientific Advisory Committee comprised of top U.S. medical professionals in the field. NEA conducts a variety of programs to achieve its mission, including patient conferences, fundraising walks, Eczema Awareness Month, nationwide support groups, print and online communications, research grant program and a variety of advocacy initiatives. Headquartered in San Rafael, CA, the organization is experiencing unprecedented growth and is poised to usher in a new era of care and advocacy for the eczema community. Candidates need to be versatile and flexible. For more information, please visit nationaleczema.org.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Marketing and Communications Director is responsible for developing and implementing marketing/communication strategies and plans that promote, enhance, and protect NEA’s brand and contribute to its annual revenue and program goals. This is currently a 2-person department with agency and contractor resources. The Marketing and Communications Director will ensure that NEA is viewed as the primary source, disseminator, and conduit of information within this diverse network and constituent base.
The Marketing and Communications Director will work collaboratively with NEA’s executive team within the organization as the communications partner on a variety of strategic initiatives. He/she will also work with external vendors, and technical teams (such as a PR agency, a web team, etc.)
- Assist in the development and lead the implementation of an annual marketing and communications plan focused on NEA’s varied audiences. (Implement existing plan for 2017, develop for 2018+)
- Coordinate agency and contractors resources to implement marketing communication strategies
- Provide project management for all marketing and communications activities
- Oversee all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, magazines, brochures, annual report, e-newsletters, social media, and NEA website
- Lead the generation of online strategies and content that engage NEA’s varied audiences to take to measurable action. Decide who, where, and when to disseminate in coordination with NEA’s program priorities
- Work with NEA team on events that engage NEA’s diverse audiences, including Leaders in Eczema Forum Series, NEA’s Webcast Series, fundraising walks, and Eczema Awareness Month
- Conduct communication activities to reach revenue and community engagement goals.
- Coordinate and implement corportate partnership deliverables
- Track, measure, and analyze the level of engagement within the network regularly, and provide strategic direction to reach set goals
- Expand and manage all media contacts and media outreach
- Serve as NEA spokesperson as needed
- Supervise Marketing & Events Manager (direct report)
NEA is seeking an accomplished Marketing and Communications Director who has at least 5 years of communications experience, ideally in an “in-house” leadership role within a complex (number and variety of constituents) nonprofit entity, and covering areas such as website content, newsletters, advocacy, and donor communications. The ability to take knowledge and transform it into exciting and useful messages, and disseminate it to the right audiences through the best distribution channels is critical.
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing, implementing, and tracking communications strategies.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
- Marketing analytics skills.
- A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently.
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to "manage by influence."
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters.
- Ability to function at a high level and balance competing priorities in a fast-paced organization.
- Experience with Salesforce, Pardot, and Basecamp a plus.
The National Eczema Association offers an attractive benefits package to the qualified candidate:
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience
- Medical and dental benefits
- Life Insurance
- Employer paid pension plan
- Employee optional 401K plan
- Optional Flexible Spending Plan
- Other standard organization benefits
Interested applicants should submit their resume and cover letter. Please include in the cover letter an explanation of why you believe you are a fit for this position and examples of work, such as collateral pieces, strategic plans, and other communications items highlighting past work. Submissions without the requested information will not be considered.
Mail: National Eczema Association
4460 Redwood Highway, Suite 16D
San Rafael, CA 94903-1953
Position Open Until Filled.
This is an in-office position.
NEA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.