NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation’s premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals – Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children’s Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children’s health services across the medical center – plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center’s tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Manager, Digital Fundraising.
Working with the Director, Annual and Alumni Giving, and with agency partners, this position oversees implementation of strategies and tactics in support of the annual and alumni giving programs for the following NYU entities: NYU Langone Medical Center and its Faculty & Friends program, NYU Lutheran and the NYU School of Medicine alumni. This includes development and implementation of tactics associated primarily with online giving, engagement and sustainers and coordination with the Associate Directors on acquisition, cultivation, sustainer, and mid-level programs for Annual Fund and Alumni Giving. This position also includes analysis of program performance and monitoring of trends and key program metrics.
- Using online fundraising techniques, works to achieve annual/alumni giving goals of: Expanding and diversifying the donor base. Generating a ground-swell of support at all levels with the potential to engage and motivate donors even at the principal gift level. Growing revenue through small gifts from a large base. Creating a pipeline of prospects for future large gifts. Identifying future trustees and institutional leaders.
- Oversees implementation of online fundraising, engagement and stewardship campaigns including email, SEM, Display, Social Media, Paid Leads, and Peer to Peer.
- Works closely with the Associate Director in cultivation and acquisition to identify integration opportunities, map an annual calendar of campaigns and define campaign key performance indicators.
- Prepares annual and multi-year income projections and expense budgets based on past performance, strategic planning, and industry trends.
- Provides the Senior Director of Annual and Alumni Giving with regular budget re-forecasts.
- Leverages online channels and mobile platforms while integrating with offline direct response fundraising to ensure optimum fundraising, stewardship and engagement and a consistent supporter experience.
- Participates in cross-departmental and cross-institution work teams to ensure cooperative planning, priority setting, and information sharing in order to meet digital fundraising objectives.
- Responsible for creative and segmentation for online giving emails, identifying audience and messaging variations, and coordinating with the offline team to ensure consistency of message across all channels.
- Works with internal and external vendors to create and track digital fundraising results.
- Plays a lead role in ensuring that the NYU Langone website is optimized to achieve fundraising goals.
- Stays up to date on trends in online communications and SEO/SEM and Identifies, recommends and implements new and innovative digital technologies in support of program goals.
- Directs, manages and effectively hires, trains, coaches, guides, motivates, develops, evaluates and monitors staff under the authority of this position.
- Ensures compliance with all relevant online regulations and laws; adherence to the highest standards of accountability to donors, ethical principles and standards for fundraising.
- Performs other duties as assigned.