| Filament Hospitality is a full-service management company, specializing in urban lifestyle retreats and visionary destinations worldwide. With 15 hospitality locations, nation-wide, Filament is a growing organization looking for fresh, creative, and entrepreneurial minds to join the team. |
In a city where fabrics repel rain, and anything with cuff counts as formal, the Grove will be a humble but stylish amalgam of design aesthetics.
Much like the neighborhood which it is rising from, the Grove has a storied and colorful history and will be reimagined and reborn in late 2017.
Would you like to be a part of something that will redefine the region’s lodging landscape?
Filament Hospitality is seeking an energetic, creative and service oriented individual who wants to work in a result driven environment. This individual needs to be a hands-on, proactive and success-driven Sales Manager to lead all marketing, groups, events and catering efforts. Our soon-to-be launched 113-room urban boutique hotel property is located in the historic Old Town Chinatown of downtown Portland. The Sales Manager will be accountable for the Sales and Marketing aspects of the hotel and its 3 food and beverage outlets.
The property is scheduled to be launched to the public in the early Fall of 2017 and this position will ideally be filled in May.
Previous experience in the Portland market is preferred. Seeking current residents of the surrounding Portland, Oregon location.
About the Grove:
The Grove’s design is a palette of Portland’s past, present and future with subtle nods to Anglo-Japanese, American craftsman and modernist design movements. The casual air of the property inspires and connects with travelers who are looking for more meaningful experiences with their surroundings. Cool doesn't come in a can and we aren’t fabricating anything. We are creating an environment that evokes a sense of ease and comfort for our travelers. Our team’s mission is to steward exploration and enjoyment of our City.
Our guests have a deep appreciation for great food, good wine, solid craftsmanship and design that matters. With this in mind we have created a property to meet and exceed those needs. Our restaurant and bars will be the cornerstone of the Grove, connecting with locals while enticing our out of town guests to revel in our inspired cuisine. The Food & Beverage program will consist of three revenue centers: a full-service restaurant featuring hyper-seasonal cuisine, a roof top lounge & bar set in a space flooded with natural light and greenery and a classic American dive bar.
The guest rooms capture minimalistic living with thoughtful design and the comfort of artfully mixed textures and warm colors. The details of the guest rooms are part of the pride of the property, from custom mill work to writing desks, luxurious bedding, and unique furnishing to the smartly designed bathrooms.
The Grove is all about our guests and connecting them with all that is Portland.
Our ideal candidate will want to promote an up and coming chef and culinary program, be a positive presence in the local community and actively advance the property’s social media presence. The Sales Manager must have strong knowledge in Group Sales and Catering, Marketing Promotions, with an aptitude in Food & Beverage, Revenue Management and Social Media Marketing. This management position oversees all aspects of the hotel and F&B Sales efforts, and must possess strong communication skills with the ability to focus on exceptional guest services. We’re looking for a self-motivated individual who can take advantage of our competitive bonus structure for the benefit of both the business and him or herself.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Prepare and implement annual packages or special promotions regarding guest rooms and F&B activities.
- Maximize event and catering opportunities, and implement effective strategies in gaining accessibility to appropriate markets.
- Develop and implement short and long-term Sales strategies.
- Monitor and engage the public with regular social media posts and other external marketing strategies.
- Actively and regularly interact with guests, associates and management colleagues, individuals outside the hotel, but not limited to current and potential clients, owners and company representatives, suppliers, competitors and other members of the local community.
- Handle the daily operations of the Sales department
- Work in direct partnership with Food & Beverage partner for all on-property outlets
- Market and promote all Hotel outlets to increase group revenues
- Manage Hotel and Catering Sales forecasts
- Ensure accuracy and detail on all group reservation agreements
- Prepare and execute proposals, presentations and marketing plans for internal use
- Work with General Manager to establish strategic rates
- Work closely with the market managers to implement promotions and programs to optimize revenue through best allocation of resources and strategic pricing and inventory decisions
- Conduct sales activities to include familiarization tours/site inspections, training initiatives, attend and coordinate trade shows/sales events and functions, conduct sales trips and sales calls as needed, including sales calls and activities related to travel tradeshows for local business
- Identify business opportunities with third party distribution partners and execute against these opportunities to drive revenue
- Meet or exceed revenue target goals for Groups, Corporate and local accounts
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with representatives of companies in outside markets to promote group business
- Monitor and engage the public with regular social media posts and other marketing strategies
- Manage and be the point-person for all group and catering requests
- Create BEOs for all on-property events and ensure that all staff are kept abreast of pertinent information
- Communicate effectively with every Hotel department and ensure that all guest needs are met and planned.
- Participate and contribute pertinent information in sales meetings
- Understand demand segments, business sources and pursue segments to balance supply with demand
- Uphold company standards for guest satisfaction, employee satisfaction, quality assurance, and asset protection
- Competitive Bonus Plan
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance options
- Yearly paid vacation
- Employee discount for stays at hotels within Filament Hospitality's swiftly expanding portfolio
- Membership to Working Advantage, offering discount and reward programs nationwide for restaurants, apparel, health clubs, attractions, events, and many other services