We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe's leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
An opportunity has arisen to work with the marketing team within the Compliance Marketing & Distribution Advisory Function to assist in the delivery of team activities supporting the marketing of M&G funds and products.
The team provides professional and timely marketing advice to the business in a clear and constructive manner, ensuring that the business understands its regulatory and legislative responsibilities.
You will be joining a team that provide quality outcomes in everything that they do with a consistent delivery and a pro-active approach. The team like to be open, honest and act with integrity at all times in order to be a respected and trusted partner to the business. It is important for the team to support each other and encourage innovation and creativity in their approach whilst being able to be independent in their actions.
Your responsibilities will be...
* Assist in the delivery of team activities supporting the marketing of M&G funds and products, including:
o Maintenance of team email inbox
o Allocation of work items to team
o The review and sign off of retail and institutional marketing materials across multiple jurisdictions
o Interpretation of local marketing rules
o Training and advice to 1st line marketing teams
o Maintenance of team diary, policies and procedures
* Liaise with other Compliance teams, particularly the Distribution team in the provision of high quality and consistent compliance advice
* Be proactive and demonstrate well considered judgements
* Be creative and identify solutions to any challenges that may arise in executing the delivery of Compliance methodologies and approaches
Internal & external relationships
* Work closely with the Advisory teams; sharing knowledge and ensuring a coordinated and consistent approach in delivering Compliance advice
* Work closely with Real Estate Compliance and overseas Compliance Officers in order to share knowledge and drive consistency in approach
* Develop positive and professional working relationships within the Risk & Compliance Departments, Group-wide Internal Audit and with peers throughout M&G, especially those within Marketing functions
* Work closely with the Compliance Framework & Operations team and the Compliance Strategy & Regulatory Development team to understand the impact of forthcoming legislative / regulatory change and the need to update Compliance policies and procedures
* Play a key role in embedding M&G culture and Compliance Department values within the team
* Lead meetings, communicate succinctly with senior stakeholders with the ability to influence decisions
* Participate in, and work with, relevant industry bodies and groups in relation to Compliance advisory initiatives, trends and proposals
* Develop a good understanding of the Compliance Department and wider M&G governance framework; providing guidance to other Compliance Department personnel to the extent required
* Maintain relationships with external peers; understand how other firms respond to common challenges
We are ideally looking for you to be educated to a university level and have experience of delivering Compliance advice in an asset management environment. We are also looking for you to have knowledge and awareness of UK and international marketing regulatory within the asset management industry.
This role requires you to be a self-starter with high levels of initiative, attention to detail and a strong work ethic. It is important for you to be able to communicate effective with your peers and have excellent written and communication skills. You should show that you are a team player who is supportive with a collegiate approach. You need to be commercially aligned with a can do attitude and a pragmatic approach to provision of advice.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple - to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.